Sunday, November 19, 2023

Acceptable Risk

by Lynette Eason

I really like this author.  

I did NOT like the main character (Sarah Denning) though.  I remember her from the last book and did not like her then either, and truthfully was so disappointed when I realized this story was all about her.  Anyway, she comes across as more of a spoiled brat than someone who is struggling with PTSD and emotional trauma.  I know everyone processes those differently - but I just could not connect with her and because of that, it was really hard to connect to this story.  

*note* this books talks about suicide a LOT.  It was hard to read and I'm glad that I finished the book tonight.  Hoping the next book in this series is better

2 comments:

  1. I remember not liking Sarah either. I think the 4th book was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I am not the only one! Happiest of Thanksgivings!!!!

      Delete