Thursday, November 23, 2023

Active Defense

by Lynette Eason

OK, this was my favorite one so far.  I LOVED reading Heather's story.  My favorite character though was a side (supporting) character named Ryker.  I loved Ryker's presence in the story, with one of my favorite, favorite scenes in a fictional book occurring at the very end.  

I HIGHLY recommend reading this book.  Not only is it a suspenseful mystery with some romance sprinkled in, it is packed full of goodness and truth.  

One of my favorite quotes from the book:

"Stunned at the wave of emotion, she swallowed it and did her best to focus on what she knew instead of how she felt."   Pg. 39 (kindle version)

YES!!!!!  I need to tattoo this on my brain.


*SPOILER ALERT*


I did skip the scene that they had to put down an animal.  That is just too close to home for my heart to be able to handle reading about that.  Saying goodbye to these furry guys is so excruciatingly difficult.  

2 comments:

  1. Lynette Eason's books are always so full of goodness and truth! I usually find several quotes to copy. The one you chose is sooo good.

    ReplyDelete